Wednesday, September 26, 2007

the scent of the sacred

the scent of the sacred
lingers in my heart tonight
love reaching out across the distance
between my heart and yours
lost and found and lost again
the tender words we say to one another
are written in heaven forever
love's call
waking down the body
rising in love
another night on the veranda
of this life with you
intertwined with the beloved
i make my way across the ocean
to find you and bring you home
the lost pearl
spinning in an orbit
i reach for it's light
it's beauty showers me
a thousand times i have
made this journey into
the waves of the ocean
surfacing with lost treasure
tonight i see the treasure
this ruby precious heart
that beats me into breath
into stillness
into silence
tonight i surrender
to the scent of the sacred
rising on the lips of love
a hunger for the beloved
satiated in your arms
my invisible lover
i am drunk with the divine
my heart liberated
becomes this
fragrant flower
i am the scent of the sacred
tonight lovers, we celebrate
the ecstatic's embrace
and become lost
in the mystery
tomorrow we rise again
in love
as love
for love
love is the only prayer
in this silent awakening
om shanti
shanti
shanti om.

No comments: