Thursday, September 20, 2007

Leaving on My Mind

Everything changed for me last night.
One dance.
One embrace.
One true experience of being held,
supported by the strength of another,
nurtured by the presence of another.
It is in my bones now, in my blood now
It is breathing me
This experience of being met, of being held
of true desire meeting true desire
Innocent, freeing my integrity
Last night I experienced the integrity
of connecting with another from wholeness, as blessing
Two people connected to their truth, their desire
Meet on the dance floor and commune,
bless and share the entirety of their lives in that moment
In that moment we lived as one
My experience was of oneness,
surrendering to the oneness in the dance with the other
feeling supported, suspended between heaven and earth
Embodied Oneness,
God meeting God
in touch, in breath,
in movement, in exchange,
in silence, in union
in between two travellers, intersecting,
at a crossroads
with leaving on their minds
I've got leaving on my mind
Leaving this dollhouse existence
Make believe relationship
Cardboard cutouts and paper doll connection
I am leaving this illusion of a life
I am leaving this prostitution of a life
Where I exchange my integrity for security
Where I refuse to trust the Divine
with my most precious desires
and my most intimate needs...
I am leaving
The light has been turned on
I see my own darkness
My own unfaithfulness to Life
My own betrayal of my Soul
My own explanations, justifications, rationalizations
Done, done lying to myself about
what I truly want
what I truly need
Soul Nourishment
Dancing with the Beloved
Suspension between Heaven and Earth
I can feel you Beloved
Holding me suspended,
Safely and sweetly supporting the weight of me,
of my dreams, delivering me home.
Tonight I have leaving on my mind.
My prayer, to go softly, ever so softly
Make it soft Beloved
Bring Your Grace into my Life.
Amen.

1 comment:

Gene Latimer said...

Yes, it is time.

...time to trust.