Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Inside of Tenderness

I am living inside of tenderness
One tiny cell in the body of God
Like a leaf, a petal, a feather
Rooted in softness
Like morning dew clinging to the grass
I am living inside of tenderness
Graced by sweetness, born from the fire's ash
Burned to the ground, I can now see the moon
Sweet softness moving through me
Slowly caressing each cell
I wonder how I lived before
Evading the ride of life
Grief, joy, anger, love
All alive in the moment to moment
Experience of life
I am living inside of tenderness
The pink softness of my body
Layed open on the altar of life
Revealed and naked
Exposed in vulnerability
Shame whispers ever so lightly now
The sound of Truth leads me onward
The voices of the rowdy troublemakers
Like noisemakers at a child's birthday party
The chorus of angels is my lullabye today
Gracing me with the chords of my own heartstrings
Plucking me
Pulling me
Onward and inward into tenderness
I am becoming tender, open and revealed
Ready to take the Lover fully into my body,
my soul, my heart...
Stripping the denial of need for the love
of my brothers and sisters
I am becoming tender
The sacred heart opening
All that is contained there spilling forth
First the emptying, then the filling
Golden honey seeping from my open veins
Are you hungry?
Come unto me, I will feed you
For I AM the land, the heart and soul,
the mind and body, the milk and honey
of the Promised Land
I am the sanctuary of tender love.
I am.

No comments: