Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Motorcycle Mysticism

My friend Johnny arrived mid-morning today...driving through the fog (on his sport's bike)...Port Angeles to Portland. He arrived with sweet, juicy pears from his son's orchard and fresh albacore from a recent fishing trip. We settled in with our mugs of tea (Seattle Spice) and he began to peel the pear and slice it for us to share. Yummy, delicious...nourishment, sweetness. After an hour of conversation he motioned toward the door..."let's take a walk" and soon we are meandering up the trail into Forest Park...conversing about a range of experiences....how he met his wife, his 41st anniversary last week, his "wedding" in Rome, his time in the "bush" (Johnny spent 15 years in the wilderness...raising his family -- ask him to tell you the stories!), cougars, tugboats, Italy, Easalen, Big Sur, Sausilito, sailing, fishing... And then, "are you ready to take a ride?" On go my boots, leather jacket, jeans....helmet and soon I find myself on the back of a bike speeding down the road...winding, leaning, gasping, gripping, flowing and surrendering to the exhilaration of being out of control and loving it.

And now I come to the end of the day, writing this entry...after a luscious meal of seared albacore, sweet beets, salad, brown jasmine rice and dark chocolate with ginger...shared with my dear friends Angela, Latosha and Johnny...and I am full to overflowing.

I am full. I am full of flow, ease, delight and newness. I am full of beautiful and nutritious food. I am full with the experience of loving and being loved. I am full with the experience of abandoning myself completely to a day of mystery and unfolding.

I am full with having my internal experience matched by a motorcycle speeding down the road, winding through the curves, swaying left and then right, rocketing straight ahead, wind on my chest...the internal ecstatic meets the external ecstatic...I am full of surrendering to and trusting this person who in the 3-D would be considered a stranger, yet that seems to know me and I him in ways most people who spend a lifetime together rarely experience. This ride on the motorcycle beautifully and exquisitely matches my life experience right now...surrender, ecstatic inside meets the ecstatic outside, flow, mystery, speed, twists and turns and skyrocketing straight ahead...EXHILARATION....full, open throttle...At times I close my eyes...feel the sway and the turns...practicing not anticipating, or preparing or bracing for the turn...just allowing myself to trust the road, the bike, the driver...myself.

I am full and I am uncomfortable. How much ease, flow, pleasure, exhilaration is too much? When is it time to say enough ecstasy? Can I allow this much good...this much God into my life?
I feel the "glass ceiling" of what I have allowed, of what I have been willing to receive being blown off and up...I can feel it in my belly as it expands to take in today's nourishment. And I choose to be present to the discomfort, to this edge and to keep going beyond it to the other side. I am consciously choosing to blow the top off the limits I have placed on what I receive and I open to allow my true inheritance, the Kingdom, to flow to me as It desires, as God wills.

We each have our own built in system (which is largely unconscious) that monitors and measures and controls and limits how much good and how much God and how much xyz...(you name it), we are able to receive into our lives. Most of this system and its programming was directly passed on in our DNA (literal and metaphoric)...from our ancestors, our families and our culture. Going beyond these limits requires a break from tribal consciousness...a departure from consensus reality. I speak about this dilemma in James Twyman's upcoming movie, The Moses Code. The dilemma being, "if there is an abundance of good, of peace, of joy, of love, of resource in the Universe...then, why do we so often have an experience that is less than? " I believe it is because we reach our status quo, our capacitance for good, we bump up against this glass ceiling and we retreat, constrict, resist and stop the flow of good, which is the flow of God, from overflowing into our lives.

This tipping point can be devastatingly tragic, if we check out and constrict, or life altering fabulous...if we stay fully present and expand. It is the razor's edge...

What can we do when we reach this place, when we begin to shake and quiver and feel the discomfort? When we are challenged to go beyond what we have ever received and experienced before? We create fresh wine skins, we find more jars, we remember I AM THAT I AM. I hear Johnny in my ear..."make it simple for the old man Anakha..." Okay Johnnyboat, motorcyle mystic, here are your 5 steps...
  1. Notice the discomfort when you come to your edge...when you are being asked to expand your capacity to receive or experience or express love, joy, nourishment, pleasure, abundance, intimacy, freedom, flow, passion, touch, passion, availability, etc.
  2. Become fully aware of your body sensations, feelings, thoughts, wants and intentions.
    Become fully present and...
  3. Breathe! Create space in your body. Breath into the places in your body that want to constrict or armor-up. Breath, move, stretch and create space...create a new container with your breath -- a new wineskin...more jars.
  4. Re-member who you are...begin consciously raising and resonating with the frequency (the vibe) which is seeking you...utilize The Moses Code...I AM THAT....I AM.

    I AM THAT XYZ (on the out breath you speak to God)
    I AM (on the in breath God answers you)

    I AM THAT LOVE
    I AM

    I AM THAT BEAUTY
    I AM

    I AM THAT FLOW
    I AM
  5. Practice gratitude...I am so grateful for...

Okay, must sign off now...it is after midnight and I want to go practice 1-5 before I fall into dreamland. I am so grateful for nourishment, for loving friends, for exhilarating experiences, for surrendering to the flow, for myself...tonight, I am grateful for myself, I AM.

Amen!

1 comment:

lalo el belovedd said...

you have been an inspirati on from the first moment i met you. i am greatful for your post and guidance. i am greatful for your ability to jump to such depths of life, and love so passionately. thank you.