Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Propositioned By God

When we "awaken," do we get to choose which parts wake up?
Or is it an all or nothing sort of contract with the Divine?
Do we get to say, "God, I'd like to wake up today...but let's just let sleeping dogs lie?"
I am begging You to let me wake up,
but please don't touch any area that is uncomfortable
and will make me squirm,
will send me packing and heading for the door.
Wake up my Glory, but don't you dare touch my gloom.

I don't think we get to choose Beloveds...
somewhere along the way our Souls said, "yes."

When we set out to know God, to become God
we surrender ourselves fully to this grand alchemy
and no part of our lives and our living,
our Soul and our being go untouched.

It is said that the difference between you and I
and the great saints and mystics, is,
when faced with a radical change, a core transformation,
the saints and mystics say a whole-hearted yes to the Divine.
They disrobe and say to their Lover, "take me, take me fully into you."
You and I on the other hand most often say,
yes I want love, yes I want passion, yes I want purpose...
but I want to stay in this job even though it is killing me to do so,
and don't mess with my relationship even though we are sleepwalking through it,
and oh yeah, my finances are definitely off limit.

We attempt to negotiate the nonnegotiable.
This half-assed bartering is of this world,
it is inconceivable to the Divine.

I either want to awaken or I don't.
I am either willing to undergo this transformation or I am not.
I will offer all of my life to the fires of the Beloved's Heart or I won't.
It is that clear for me today.

I am willing to offer up all areas of my life and my living to the Divine.
No, this is not some ego-driven, see how cool I am kamikaze sort of vow.
I am scared and I am shaking and I will not go back, I cannot go back.
I am suspended between the old and the new,
nothing to hang onto
and yet I see terra firma in the distance.

I have just enough faith in the Divine
and in the perfection of God's Universe to let go.
To experience the full range and let go.
Breath...deep, long, soothing, restoring breath

I do not get to withhold from God this time.
The "law" has come down.
It has been written.
It is an all or nothing proposition.

Bring forth what is within you
and what you bring forth will save you.
Do not bring forth what is within you
and what you do not bring forth will destroy you.

Take me God...all the way home to you.
Amen.

2 comments:

Gene Latimer said...

Yes, dear one, let go....let yourself be swept past the masks of annihilation....onto the new, living foundation.

Yeshua is showing us the way: "Bring forth what is within you
and what you bring forth will save you."

May we all immerse ourselves in the truth of this literal salvation.

...and remember that you are held...held so fully...in ways you may not yet register.

Anonymous said...

anakha shannon,
through me, as me, I am sending you and seeing you in the highest and most magnificent blessings for every-thing in your life...all of it...the light, the dark, and the in-between...
may you know it all to be purely sacred and sanctified...as you continue the journey within to the innermost never-before-disclosed chambers of your divine sanctuary...your sacred heart...

and that you know and feel every sweet or sour, bland or pungent, mild or spicy, dry or juicy, morsel and tidbit as you remember that you were, indeed, created and made holy...and wholly...in the eyes and heart of the One...the true Beloved...

and that as this recognition, knowing, identification, and understanding comes into the real and only true alignment and divine union, may you speak in many tongues as you express wholeheartedly, vividly, brilliantly, vibrantly and soul-fully...showered with grace, gentility and ease...
...using the most effective shape-shifting forms of comprehensible lines, dots, characters, symbols, and art...all the while imbued, informed, and infused with the highest vibratory frequency and resonance...

...which will profoundly and ultimately minister, aid, serve, and transform the fissure of separation of any and all touched in harmonious ways...while the bridging and fusing to true unification of the All continues to be made manifest...
...and, in glorious exaltation, may this expression of Love strum and caress the integrated heartstring, threading and coarsing through the web of creation and the cosmos.

and so it is...and shall be...
ameyn