Friday, October 12, 2007

Full House

The house is full tonight and it feels sweetly satisfying to sit back and watch everyone go about their lives and to experience a sense of family. Tonight I watched as Zachary drove up with his sister Ivy in the passenger seat. I ran out of the house yelling like a crazy woman. He passed his driving test today and this was his first "trip" solo. Gary is home from Tacoma for the weekend. Nichole is also here tonight, playing the Wii with Ivy. She is in the kitchen as I write, making her favorite cheese quesadilla -- a midnight snack! Jack is asleep next to me, wondering when we get to go to bed.

I feel beyond blessed to know each of these beings...each so different, so brilliant in their own magnificence -- holy, wholly uniqueness. Sweetness, my heart is full. Those waves of love just keep crashing down, opening and expanding my heart...my heart is breathing from the inside...

I have known Zach and Ivy since they were 5 and 3...they are now 15 and 17. I met their father Gary when I was starting Vivo Media 12 years ago -- he was our first web programmer. They all are loves of my life. I met Nichole at Coffee Creek. She was the youngest woman in class although she had/has wisdom and integrity beyond her 23 years. She is staying here until she can find safe and stable housing. I get to drive her to work every morning at 6:45 a.m. and retrieve her from the Max at all hours of the evening. I am learning silent, simple service in small acts...shuttling, dragging her out of bed, doing her laundry, not because she expects this...because she deserves it. Nichole was a meth baby...her mother an addict...her father unknown. She deserves to be treated like a queen for once in her life.

A woman at Coffee Creek once told me, "Anakha, you won't be mother to one, because Anakha , you are mother to many." Tonight I am mother to many. I am blessed to hold space for these young people, to witness and support their becoming, their unfolding and their blossoming.

In this home, where two or more are gathered, the I AM, the Love Presence is here in our midst. Thank you God. Watch over these young people, guide them, inspire them to greatness.

Goodnight Ivy. Goodnight Anakha. Goodnight Gary. Goodnight Dad. Goodnight Zach. Goodnight Nichole. Where's Jack?

And so it is. Amen.

1 comment:

Love said...

Dear, i am from Indonesia, a country with many islands, wants to invite you to blog. Hopefully have his benefit. Thank you