Monday, October 29, 2007

Living As Love

Mt. Angel Abbey ~ A Visit on October 28th ~ The Gateway To Love

"Learning to surrender directly to love is often an agonizing process. You will be disillusioned of your dreams of comfort, security and romance. Every emotion that you have stuffed into your body without feeling fully will emerge for you to re-experience. Years of loneliness and ache will be exposed as your heart unfolds. Yet, when the time comes, you have no choice but to go through this process and learn to surrender as love, receiving and giving the bliss of deep openness with every breath. This bliss is born of your true nature --
an eternal love that cannot be lost."

~ David Deida ~

Caterpillar. Cocoon. Butterfly. Life. Death. Rebirth. The beauty of nature's alchemy. Trees loosing, losing their leaves. Earth dampening, roots deepening. Sky darkening, clouds descending. This living into dying is within each of us as we journey into love. Annihilating the small "s" self, the separate self, to become and to live as Love.

This was...is the intention, God's intention planted in my Soul, "to awaken the sacred heart." The questions, "how do I become love? how can I awaken my sacred heart? how do we nourish one another in love? what is the stigmata of the sacred heart? what is the scent of the sacred?" This intention and these questions sent me into the desert for 40 days and 40 nights and they have submerged me in this dark night, this healing crucible, where all that is not love is being washed away, burned away so that the Love that is my essence, our universal essence can be revealed. Radiant, blissful, sustained and sustaining, eternal, effervescent Love. That is our destiny and destination. We can meander our way along the path. We can hide out in dark corners, cracks and crevices. We can pretend we don't know the way, that we've lost the map. How long will we play like dead fish in this ocean of Love?

This morning I awoke with the monkey mind running...what am I supposed to do today...I should know...I should be clear...I should...I should...I should...job, work, business, run, yoga, write, yikes!

I have a job. A full-time commitment and full time employment. That job, that commitment is to live as fully and as deeply and as expansively this awakening into sacred love. To use every moment, every interaction and every challenge to expand and awaken love's presence within me and within others. This is not a job for the faint at heart or for those seeking external benefits and immediate gratification. There are no 401K plans, stock options or medical benefits. The blessings and the bliss of Love are inherent and encoded in the journey and yet annihilation and crucifixion are included on the itinerary. There are stops and respites along the way, yet love's fire is all consuming and it desires to swallow us up, to use us completely until we at last surrender into our one true purpose to live as love.

This is where our bliss lies...not in loving someone or something...not even in following our dreams...but in surrendering to and living as love. For in that living and in that loving we are breathing love...inhaling love's presence...exhaling love's scent. We live in love's rapture and love's energy flows through our hearts, our bodies...we light up like beams of beauty.

This is my destination. This is our destination. We are all on the journey. We are all on the Love train.

Today I wake with the soul, sole intention to love, to live as love, to allow love to unfold me into the next divinely human expression. I am in the goop of the cocoon. Imaginal cells are converging, new life is preparing to break through the cocoon. The butterfly within me will be freed, is being freed. Natural alchemy. Sacred Healing. Love's arrival is on time, in time, every time.
Go forth Beloveds, go forth and live as love today, each moment, each breath bring your attention to this intention...feed Love with your Life Force, open and receive the bountiful Christ Force. Discover parts of your body, your mind and your heart that are resisting this surrender into love and breath them, be with them, hold them until they surrender at last into the bliss of naked heart living, ecstatic heart loving.

I am. Amen.


No comments: