Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kundalini Stuffing

I have two things on my mind this morning as I walk up and down the stairs from the old house to Ruby (my car) -- Kundalini and stuffing! I am moving the last of my things out of the Saltzman house -- mainly clothes and shoes. I find my mind obsessing about getting in my Kundalini yoga practice (which I have missed since last Friday) and getting to the store for the ingredients to make Grandma Cleo's stuffing! I am amazed at how simple and yet obsessive my mind can be...kundalini, stuffing, kundalini, stuffing, kundalini, stuffing...somehow this grey matter is fixated on those two tracks this morning. I wonder where the rest of the millions of possible thoughts are at this moment -- ooooo, here comes one now...

I learned a new term last night from one of "my girls" -- Kadesh -- a brilliant, red-headed yogini now living in LaGrande, OR. She taught me the Sanskrit word "jiva" which means embodied soul. I am grateful for all the "jivas" in my life today. I am grateful to those of you that drop in and see what is happening in the continued unfolding of my heart and my life. Before I leave to go to the new place today, I am going to write a brief list of my gratitudes for the jivas in my life.

My teacher Andrew Harvey says we live in the kingdom of joy and I believe gratitude is one of the vehicles into this kingdom....

Gratitudes:

Kombucha
Chocolate
Kundalini Yoga
Yeshua
40 days and 40 nights
The Silence
Yoga Mat
Ecstatic Dance
Jimmy -- generosity and vision
Gene -- constant, unconditioned love and encouragement
Lisa -- overwhelming enthusiasm for God
Mom -- courage, love in action, belief in my vision
Gary -- sustainer, friendship, laughter, reminding me to not take myself too seriously
Magdalena, St. Theresa, St. John, Mother Mary
Andrew Harvey
Tara -- tough love friendship, soft compassion, generosity, creativity
Su -- embodiment of the feminine, gentle witnessing
Aminga -- joy, laughter, deep friendship, knowing, seeing, playful spirit
Peter -- your adoration and support, your tenacity, your courage, your willingness
Delayne -- vision, creativity, your belief and encouragement, your walking the talk of living a radiant life!
Seven Jeans, MAC make-up, Dagoba chocolate
David -- friendship, invitation to the naked heart, full exposure
Anna -- for loving, healing...for your teaching and your beautiful heart
Crystal -- for your commitment to your recovery to living a life of radiance and joy
Nichole -- humor, playful engagement, vulnerability, confusion, searching
Veronica -- for your integrity and your commitment to you spiritual path, for believing in something greater than the eye can see.
Johnny -- for your constant presence and care, for your mystic's heart...nature's way, for your gentle reminders and wise advice
James -- for the reconnection, the reminder, the opportunity to know you again anew
Jack...for being my constant mystical companion on this journey, for loving me and making me laugh...for reminding me to play ball!
My body, my muscles, my bones, my beauty
My vulnerability, humility
My healing and my transforming
My speaking and my teaching
For the unfolding and the expansion of my spiritual gifts
For Grandma Cleo -- her life, her transition, her love that had its way of penetrating my walls -- always, all ways.
For my Grandfather Burl who watches over me...who stands close behind me...who has my back.
For my Father Ted...for making your transition, for freeing us, for causing me to grow, to feel, to deepen into my grief
For all of you naked heart mystics in the world...seen and unseen...
For all of life...
For the opportunity to embody radiant love...
to become blazing, burning fiery love.

I say Amen...I say Thank You.
Alaha Huba

P.S. No wireless at the new house yet so blogging may be a bit inconsistent for awhile! Change, baby, change!

1 comment:

Peter C Scrogin said...

Now that you're home from your weekend adventures, Gene and I need to be nourish by another Anakha blog. Feed us... we're hungry!