Friday, December 21, 2007

Totally Random

I've been up since 3:33 a.m., the clock just turned 4:44 a.m. They say the veils are thinner in the early morning hours...that divine messages are making their way through...the time of the angels.

As I listen in to my thoughts...attempting to catch an inspired idea...all I hear are random thoughts....

*I am not really into Christmas anymore...I am tired of the worn out concepts, marketing jingles, tacky displays crowding the stores...I want to celebrate Christ everyday...walk in the newness of the holy birth within me, within others moment to moment. This is the Christing that is coming down. It's an everyday, every moment celebration, inhalation, exhalation, consummation...

*Sometimes the only place I feel truly alive is on the dance floor...there I can express the fullness of my passion, my power, my desire, my rage, my sweetness. On the dance floor we expect each other to show up, to put it out there, to engage with the beat, the breath, the body. This is one of the only places in my life that feels big enough to hold the unbridled fire that is my essence. I sure hope my foot feels better on Sunday, cause I want to dance...it has now been 2 weeks of hobbling around. I am ready for this to be healed. Now!

*I have a crush...a shy, effervescent crush for the first time in years. It is really quite sweet to experience this sort of middle school adoration. Playing with flirtation in the most sweet, innocent and natural way. I can imagine her...the young me...having her first crush. In fact, I think his name was Scotty Surrat...anyway...I am smiling just thinking of being almost 40 and crushing on some stranger that I have never spoken to...we are passersby on this cosmic dance floor.

*I ate blueberry pancakes for dinner last night with my new soul friend David. I haven't let myself eat pancakes in years....yummmmm, they were so good. I think I ate 3 of them...with syrup. David is medicine for my soul...he is helping me unwind, relax, eat pancakes, let go, heal and reveal....there is much to say about David...our relating and what is occurring as we introduce each other to the sacred, to the intimate -- and I'll save that for later. We come from different planets, he and I, ...we are creating a new language, the one of union, of God embodied, of sacred intimacy...God, Self, Other...The Naked Heart puja received rave reviews...stay tuned, we are stirring up more divine beauty and sacred ecstasy of the intimate nature for 2008!

*I am craving the silence...craving my time in uninterrupted union with Yeshua and the Divine. I am ready to dive in to the sweetness of silence and solitude during the time of the turning...between Christmas and New Year's....sink in, relax, be, listen, groove with the sounds of harmony, receive, praise, bless, create. I am ready for the fullness of my mystic's heart to open...to fill and be filled.

*I will be having a reading of an excerpt from my new book in February...I am thinking of having it on Valentine's Day...since it is all about becoming love...sacred devotion, intimacy, union, and all the landscapes we travel on this divinely human journey into the embodiment of Love's presence...stay tuned for the date and the location. Chocolate promises to be involved.

*Sometimes I grow tired of hanging out with myself...I dream about being somebody totally different...but then I would miss who I am...so I quickly toss out those imaginings and throw my arms around myself...promising to never leave me...truly, most days...I find myself and my life to be quite interesting, intriguing...at least on the inside, which is where it really counts. I travel to some amazing places...the sweet and treacherous landscape of my soul.

Okay, enough naked heart random rambling. Not much holy inspiration...a few confessions.

I am wanting to deepen into this time of Christ's birth...to receive in essence, the new life that Mary ushered in on that silent night, that dark night so many years ago.

I love myself. I love you. I love myself. I love you.

Christ is in our midst!

In my hallucination I saw my beloved's flower garden In my vertigo, in my dizziness In my drunken haze Whirling and dancing like a spinning wheel I saw myself as the source of existence I was there in the beginning And I was the spirit of love Now I am sober There is only the hangover And the memory of love And only the sorrow I yearn for happiness I ask for help I want mercy And my love says: Look at me and hear me Because I am here Just for that I am your moon and your moonlight too I am your flower garden and your water too I have come all this way, eager for you Without shoes or shawl I want you to laugh To kill all your worries To love you To nourish you Oh sweet bitterness I will soothe you and heal you I will bring you roses I, too, have been covered with thorns.

~ Rumi ~

2 comments:

Gene Latimer said...

we await the promises...chocolate and otherwise

Anonymous said...

Christmas in Mexico is much the same I'm sorry to say. I've been saddened by the same, even tackier, decorations and focus on buying things. All our neighbors have lights on their homes -- even the most humble abode. Some even have digital music playing along with the lights. I love the lights -- it's the santa clauses etc that make me pause. However some of the old traditions still live. Last night I was on the front patio (70 degrees by the way!), our gate was open and a large group of children and young parents went walking by. One mother motioned for me to join them. I'm so excited to be asked, included -- sometimes I feel like an intruder down here! So I followed the group down to the end of the block. Some of the children carried large decorated staffs and two boys in the front of the group carried a small manager with baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. This is the annual neighborhood posada.
Wikipedia says this...
Las Posadas (Spanish for "The Inns") is a nine-day celebration beginning December 16 and ending December 24, which is called Noche Buena ("Holy Night"). It is a yearly tradition for many Christian Latin Americans and symbolizes the trials which they believe Mary and Joseph endured before finding a place to stay and where Jesus could be born. It is a very important Christmas Tradition for them.[1]

In Mexico the tradition consists of a group of hosts (may be one family in one home or a number of families in the neighborhood) that prepare a typical dinner to "host" the rest of the neighbors (usually a block or section of the neighborhood). Each one of the nine days a different family (or group of families) offer to be the hosts, so that the whole neighborhood or section participates.

Every home will have a Nativity scene. The hosts of the home are the innkeepers, and the neighborhood children and adults are the peregrinos, who have to request lodging through singing a simple chant. All carry small lit velas in their hands and four teenagers of about the same height are chosen to carry the peregrinos, which are two small statues of St. Joseph leading a donkey, on which Virgin Mary is riding side-saddle. The head of the procession will have a candle inside of a paper lamp shade that looks like an accordion but open at the top and it is called a “farolito” or little lantern.

The peregrinos will ask for lodging in three different houses but only the third one will allow them in. That will be the house that is supposed to have the posada for that evening. Once the innkeepers let them in, the group of guests comes into the home and kneels around the Nativity scene to pray the rosary. The rosary is a traditional Catholic prayer, which consists of the following prayers: 50 Hail Marys, 5 Our Fathers, 5 Glories and the Litany, which is a series of praises for the Virgin Mary, plus singing traditional songs like Holy Night. The doll is left at the chosen home and picked up on the next night when the processional begins again. This continues for eight nights in commemoration of the journey of Mary and Joseph from Nazareth to Bethlehem.

Piñata After all the prayer is done, then the party for the children starts. There will be a piñata filled with peanuts in the shell, oranges, tangerines, candy canes, and sometimes wrapped hard candy. There will be other types of chants the children will sing while the child in turn is trying to break the piñata with a stick while he/she will be a blindfolded. Although the piñata was originally from Italy, it has become a Mexican tradition for celebrations where there are children involved. The piñata was made out of a clay pot and decorated with crepe paper in different colours. Today’s piñatas are made out of cardboard and paper mache techniques and decorated with crepe paper. For the adults there is always “”ponche””, which is a hot beverage or punch made out of seasonal fruits and cinnamon sticks, with a shot of alcoholic spirit.

Apparently what I joined last night was the rehearsal for the actual posada tonight. We've been told there will be a large celebration in our neighborhood, L'Higuera, tonight or Saturday night. Like everything in Mexico we get mixed messages. Anyway, I love the traditions -- the candles, the chanting, the prayers - especially coming out of the ninos I see play on my street everyday. And then -- a party. Prayer and party and ponche -- my kind of tradition!
And so I choose to overlook the consumer aspects of Christmas and seek out the beautiful traditions that seem to still be alive here in Mexico. Everyday I get to choose down here -- focus on the poverty, the trash, the problems or on the beauty of my neighbors, the art everywhere and the kind and gentle hearts of the Mexican people.
Wishing you prayer, party and ponche --
much love
Delayne