Thursday, December 20, 2007

Love is the Only Answer...

My dear friend Gene said to me today, "I think its about time we admitted we don't really know anything, that we are all starting from scratch when it comes to loving one another." I nodded my head, I really couldn't agree more....

I see the struggle we are having in our attempts to love one another...to fulfill the Christic commandment, to live as love, to reside in peace. Today, having rode my own demons all the way down...courageously facing my own shadow...I am more prepared than ever to love completely, to love without condition, without projection, without misguided expectations. Yes, having faced myself, my fears, my darkness, my distortions, I have fallen in love with myself again, wholly, truly and I am now courting the question of how to be love, give love, activate love with you...

My heart is soft...like the petals of a flower...innocent again...free to love another, because I love myself...I'm innocent again. These are words to a song I wrote with Blaine Moody several years ago. I have now found my way into living these lyrics...Innocent Again.

My heart is registering the call to love...the revolution of the heart...a global metanoia. Love is the only way to grasp another human being. Here it is again...the choice...to see with the eyes of love or to stay clouded with the smoky and distorted haze of fear. Remove the plank from your own eye before you condemn the sliver in your brother's. Jesus has been quite clear about his stance on owning up to our fears and projections. When you see a sliver...it is time to look for the plank. Yes, it is much easier to believe it is about another...when really the truth is that what we see outside so painfully mirrors what we have denied inside we can hardly stand it. We'd rather disassociate and project the pain somewhere else rather then step inside the darkness and resurrect the wholeness that is hidden there. Christ was born during the darkest time of the year...Christ is born again in the dark places within us...this is the fertile veritas of Christ's Love.

From Thomas Merton...

"Love is the only answer. But medieval talk of love does nothing. What does love mean today? We have to love in a new way, with a new attitude. and I suppose perhaps the first thing to do is to admit that I do not know the meaning of love in any context -- old or new."

My question from my 40 day retreat remains..."how can I truly love another, my sisters and my brothers, to exchange the essence and the vibration of love, that will re-root, re-route, re-vitalize...resurrect? This is what I have come to learn, this is what I have come to offer. The questions and their answers. The wound and the salve. The lock and the key.

This journey into sacred love is finally and completely and ever-so-beautifully opening me....setting me free. I am humbled, I am gratefull and yes, today I am free.

Det haboon had'l had akayna d'ena ahabtekoon.

Ameyn.

1 comment:

Gene Latimer said...

Your restored innocence impacts all of us in your sphere.


Your beautiful, precise, Retreat question does remain.

Where do you find your answers?