Monday, December 10, 2007

Let It Be, Let It Be!

As I sit down to write this evening I can feel the exhale and the letting be in my body. The Beatles song is playing in my mind...let it be, let it be. Several lines pound in my heart..."in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me...and when the broken hearted people living in the world agree...there will be an answer....let it be."

I have been feeling the grief and the despair of the anawim. The lost and forgotten ones. Anawim is the plural form of an Old Testament Hebrew word which is translated as "poor", "afflicted", "humble", or "meek". It is the Anawim, "the lost and the forgotten ones", to whom Yeshua refers in his beatitudes on The Sermon on the Mount. "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven", and "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth". ( Mt5:3,5)

To connect with the anawim is to connect with the radically loving, ferociously tender and endlessly compassionate heart of the Cosmic Christ...the Sacred Heart. I am amazed at the endless and overwhelming grief and terror that the earth and the animals and the anawim are experiencing in these times. It is overwhelming to connect into this unimaginable and unending reservoir of pain, and despair and grief and fear that is being experienced as a result of the violence that is occurring. I did not know that this is what the stigmata would be, would bring...a physical experience of what the my brothers and sisters...human, plant, animal, rock, water...are experiencing on the planet today. A shattering of my heart through the grief of our world.

I am humbled.
I am humbled.
I bow down and kiss the feet of the anawim.
I have been so selfish.
I have been so protected, numbed to the terror, the grief, the despair.
How can I serve, Yeshua?
Show me.
Bring me into and unto Thy Will.

No more complaining...or in the least I intend to be more aware of my complaining about my small sufferings when there are people in real situations with real fear and real terror and real despair...war, rape, violence, starvation. Where do I start....where do we begin to heal this...how can my life be a salve, a part of the solution, a part of the balanced distribution of God and Good?

There will be an answer, let it be, let it be.

Today I am feeling connected to the anawim and simultaneously starting to see a flicker of light in this deep dark night. I awoke this morning and let the grief be...I didn't force myself to run or do yoga...I let be...I took the Eucharist and prayed with Yeshua, I remembered that Christ is my bread in life, my true vine, my good Shepard and he won't leave me hanging or lead me astray. I am tethered in the Christ...Christ is my rock and my foundation when all else crumbles there we will be...holding one another...the bride and her groom, united in love.

I am seeking the essential...wanting to live from essence, giving and gifting what is essential to the world, receiving what is essential from the world. I want to contribute my soul's gift of love...a love that is so fierce and compassionate and radiant and gentle that it will change the very nature, the very fabric of my being, of our being, of our world and of our living.

I am being now, exhaling...letting be...there will be an answer...let it be Anakha, let yourself be.
Keep watch and pray...let us hear the answer, let us be the answer for the anawim, the brokenhearted world. Let us be the medicine of the Resurrection.

Let it be, let it be.

When I find myself in times of trouble,
mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is
standing right in front of me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.
And when the broken hearted people
living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted
there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.
Let it be, let it be, .....
And when the night is cloudy,
there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music,
mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be, .....

2 comments:

Peter C Scrogin said...

Anakha dear, you have not blog since Monday.

John Nash said...

Surrender to the now. Become the observer of your grief, and watch your inner state become transmuted to serenity. Let it be.