Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vulnerable

Hollow bone
Naked heart
Breathless
I whisper,
I pray,
God help me to have
The courage
To stay open and revealed
In this Love
Vulnerable
Pliable
Feeling everything
Gratitude
Love
Devotion
Tenderness
I am a petal
On Love's flower
Some days I wonder
If I can do this
Love this much
Feel this much
Surrender this much
My heart no longer
My own
Donated and devoted
to Love
I feel the urge
To stop
To shut down
To numb
I breath
I pray
I reach out
I remember
To receive this love
To be nourished and sustained by this love
To relax into the arms of God
Who holds me
Who lives within me
Wrap me in Love's embrace
Let me hunger for nothing other than you
Let me turn to you when I tremble
When my naked heart needs to hear
Tender, soothing words
Reminding me
That a calling has been placed within my heart
My heart living within the one heart now
Susceptible to all
I have never been this available
This open
This vulnerable
To love
To others
To my soul
My prayer
To surrender beyond surrender
To love beyond love
To set myself, my life and my living
On the altar of love
Search me God
Search me God
Bring me into your radiant heart
I am one
I belong
I am here now
Belonging to everyone
Nothing separate
Nothing rejected or preferred
All is welcome here,
In the city of Love.

No comments: