Monday, July 21, 2008

The Lover

My eyes are dry
My heart is crying
Is it opening and expanding?
Grieving, feeling the loss.
What is this loss?
Or is just the name I give
To this feeling
Of opening
There is a bittersweet-ness
To living this path of the naked heart
Of un-numbing
And experiencing life directly
Experiencing myself directly
Experiencing others directly
I am a range of emotions
An embodiment of contradictions
A beautiful woman
Emerging and learning to walk
The way of the naked heart
This morning a sadness on my heart
Instead of pushing onward
Shouting my commands
Run, do yoga, be productive, get going.
I stop and breath and listen
What do you need precious one?
What is this that is wanting my attention
My intention
The Soul speaks through our emotions
Especially the ones we'd rather not feel
What do you have to say this morning?
I am tired
I need to rest
Restore, rejuvenate
Be still and silent
Let the phone ring
Let the emails arrive
Just be still and know I AM
I am thinking I want him
To come to me
To love and hold me
I project outwardly
What is available to me
From my own self
Waiting for some knight
In shining armor
To arrive
No waiting Anakha
Love yourself
Hold yourself
Nourish yourself
Breath and take the time
To be with your own
Sweetness
Adore yourself
And in time
He will come
Whispering hello
The Friend is always here
Whispering love songs
To your heart
Be still, Dear one
And know I am God.
I exhale and feel a smile creep onto my face
I will care for my own self
Today
Love the one that has been
Here all along
Staring at me from inside
Beholding me in love
I am the Lover
I have been looking for
I relax
Tension in my shoulder releases
No more holding
Slowly opening to this Love
That I am.

1 comment:

Owen Anschel said...

I am happy that you are taking care of yourself and resting. No need to do, no need to push. Allow. Relax. Surrender. Receive the beauty of God's love, and of your heart. You deserve it.