Monday, March 31, 2008

Becoming Fully Human...Fully Divine!



"Do not remain in sorrow and doubt, for his Grace will guide and comfort you. He is calling upon us to become fully human," Mary Magdalene, The Gospel of Mary Magdalene ~The Gnostic Gospels.

In walking the path of fully embodying our divinity and humanity -- bringing God and Love into the center of our hearts, minds, bodies and lives -- we will come face to face with the chaos and wildness that we most fear and suppress. We will be asked to have an authentic relationship with our spiritual, sexual and sensual selves. We will be brought into connection with our own natural wildness and unpredictability. We will experience an intimate relationship with life and with others and will experience the beauty, the chaos and the vulnerability that is inherent in nature. This is where we will discover the Presence of Love...of God. This is where we will enact a powerful and palpable and embodied faith. This is where we will fulfill Yeshua's commandment, "Love one another, as I am loving you."

James Nelson writes in his book Between Two Gardens: Reflections on Sexuality and Religious Experience: “The mystery of sexuality is the mystery of the human need to reach out for the physical and spiritual embrace of others. Sexuality thus expresses God’s intention that people find authentic humanness not in isolation but in relationship.” Whether we are single or married, gay or straight, it is in that messy, demanding, confounding, delightful chaos of human relationships that we find our way to God.

It was one year ago this March that I set out to awaken in love, to awaken my own Sacred Heart and to discover the path, the process, the principles of living an embodied Love. My journey over the last year has brought me face to face with areas of my life and aspects of my self that I had previously judged or held as separate from God. Now, more than ever, I believe it is critical that we bring an embodied faith that includes sexuality, intimacy, eroticism, authenticity, community, relationship and love into the heart of our religious and spiritual practices and discussions. We are not meant to hide these aspects of ourselves and our lives "under a bushel" for they hold the aliveness and the ripeness of God and need to be recovered, remembered and reclaimed in the light of our individual and collective wholeness. As I make peace with these aspects of myself, I bring peace to the world. It is from this place of embodiment that we can do as Yeshua said, “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.” (John 14:12)

I am grateful for this assignment of learning the path of embodiment, walking the path and undergoing the transformations to fully embody my own divinity and humanity. This is the path of the undivided. I invite you to join me in this journey into Sacred Love.

Amen.

{This video blog is the first in a series of three.)

No comments: