Saturday, November 8, 2008

lessons in loving

i'm learning to love you
the language of you
the landscape of you
the contour of your heart
the music of your soul
your hopes
your dreams
your pain
your past
your child
your man
such exquisite terrain
observing quietly
entering your heart
treading softly, slowly
unraveling the slumbering soul
the inner sanctuary
of love
requires such delicacy,
such reverence
how often have I been
reckless
disrupted the beauty
of love's tenderness
with my blatant disregard
for the man beside me
in front of me
now, this time
is different
i am more interested in you
in loving you
than who you are meant
to be for me
and what you will do for me...
no, dear one
you do not have to
make up for daddy
or mommy's mistakes
or the others that have come before you
you don't have to save me
you are not my salvation
i am saving myself
you are a gift
precious and mysterious
placed before me
God saying,
"I have chosen someone for you
to love."
unconditioned love
freeing love
deepening love
expanding
inclusive
blessed love.
i am learning the way
of Love,
with you,
humble, grateful...


No comments: